This cake is EG and SW’s favourite cake. I make it all the time. It is adapted from a recipe in Donna Hay Kids Annual 3 (2006). It is very dense and moist so sometimes it will sink after baking slightly. Makes a small cake or 12 medium cupcakes.
(No Photo yet)
1 cup self raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
2/3 cup brown sugar
75g unsalted butter, softened
1 cup banana, mashed
½ cup milk (or more to ensure correct consistency)
1. Preheat oven to 160C.
2. Beat butter and sugar together.
3. Add all other ingredients and mix well to combine.
4. Pour mixture into a small cake tin or medium cupcake tray.
5. If making cake, bake for 1 hr. If making cupcakes, bake for ½ hr.
6. Cool in tin, then turn out onto a wire rack.