Recipe from Master Chef (Copyright of FremantleMedia Australia Pty Limited)
Chef: Gary Mehigan
1 cup plain flour
Olive oil, for cooking
2 large oranges, rind finely grated, juiced
6 tbs caster sugar
30g butter, chopped
1. Sift flour into a bowl. Make a well in the centre and add eggs, whisk starting in the centre and drawing in the flour. Add the milk a little at a time whisking until batter is the consistency of thick cream.
2. Melt the butter until foamy and a little nutty then pour into the batter with a pinch of salt.
3. Heat (22cm base) crepe pan over medium heat, add a little oil to coat the base then ladle in crepe mixture, turning to coat the base completely. Cook 1- 2 minutes until light golden and lacy. Turn over and cook for 10-15 seconds. Remove to plate and keep warm. Repeat using the remaining crepe batter.
4. To make the orange sauce, combine the orange rind and 4 tbs of the sugar in a bowl and use fingertips to rub them together. Strain the orange juice into a jug, you should have 250ml (1 cup). Sprinkle 1 tbs of the remaining sugar over the base of warm crepe pan, cook over medium heat until sugar melts and turns golden. Add half the orange sugar and stir to dissolve. Add 125ml (1/2 cup) orange juice and stir to dissolve the sugar. Add half the butter and shake the pan until combined. Add three crepes, one at a time to pan and fold into thirds, spooning over the sauce to coat the crepes. Add 3 tsp Grand Marnier and 3 tsp brandy to the pan and flambé.
5. Transfer crepes to a serving plate, pour over the sauce and repeat to make a second serve.