Lim Hock, Buntai

Lim Hock, Buntai


View from the shop, during low tide. During high tide, I'm estimate the water will lap under the restaurant which is on stilts. The little stands out there are fishermen's watches.

 
 At the entrance of the restaurant, you can pick your seafood and tell the waitress how you want it cooked. Or you can sit at the table and let the chef pick. Unfortunately on the day we went, there were flies everywhere but cooking kills germs - remember that. Then you pass the extremely well staffed and busy kitchen where it gets cooked.Then you sit at your table and someone will come to get your drinks order.
Waiting for food.

 

Raw then cooked bamboo lala. Something I've only had in Kuching. 


Sarawak bee hoon, it was very good here. Look how much gg.me likes it, his satisfied smile says it all.


Then you can wash your hands here later. As you can see its a struggle to get gg.me to co-operate.

We've been here quite a few times, as its on a scenic drive that eg.me's parents like to take us on. I love looking at the scenery and then arriving to a nice local seafood meal at a largish Chinese place on stilts. Its an iconic travel destination for locals, I should think, and I've never been at night but I think it might be magical with the sea under your feet as you eat and possibly lights around, perhaps with a few mosquitoes, looking out at the view of the sea. There are a few places like this in Malacca but the seafood in Sarawak is superb. What I am surprised about is how on a week day lunch it had a decent amount of customers. Also I was surprised how affluent Sarawakians look compared to say Malaccans in the way they dress, their relaxed mannerisms and how much they can afford to eat out, as there was masses of food on each table, and not cheap food - quality top notch seafood.

Comments

  1. looks good! we used to have bamboo lala in port dickson when we were little, remember?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment