The Pickled Fig

The Pickled Fig
21 Ocean Dve, South Fremantle6163
(08) 9431 7333

We went here in March 2011 for lyyh's 21'st birthday. I read about it's opening in the Fremantle Herald and had heard that the other 2 Fig Restaurants ( Naked and Wild) are very good. Last time I tried to book at the Naked Fig, I left several messages and no one called back and even used th online booking system, but to call the Pickled Fig to make a booking is easy and they even specify directions. 
The location is wonderful, beautiful beach backdrop, free parking.  

They also have nice funky interior, including ads in the bathroom that let you know the charity projects that the restaurant chain does. Its a little weird having a chicken advertisement look at you while you use the loo though, haha. 

Birthday boy had a gia - nourmous steak, mysq had a prawn pasta.
We had an entrée of dips, Mum had a cheese tart, eg.me had barramundi, I had a vegetarian pasta which was a bit too heavy and salty, and sw.me had the duck. Everyone else agreed that their dishes were spectacular. We also had a fig pudding for dessert and some thing else that was wolfed down so fast I didn't get to see what it way. The fig pudding didn't use fresh figs though and it was basically the choco-hoto pot recipe here. Actually for a restaurant called Fig, Mum pointed out there is not a lot of figs on the menu.

 

The food is wonderful, we really really happy with the way everything tasted and was presented. The staff is a little dur, they are nice but blur, they take a while to pay attention to you and for instance I told them that there was no soap left in the ladies' bathroom but it was not attended to. Perhaps its part of that hippy beach vibe, to be laid back, so as long as you are laid back and willing to just wait for the great food its all good.

The fact that the food is wonderful but the staff are blur was reinforced when eg.me and I went back for breakfast a few days later. Took a while to get the menu, took a while to get the order placed, took a while to get their attention to pay. But the food and drinks were yumm-o and such a nice place to sit and look outside. The bathroom still didn't have the soap refilled. 

But I would still go again because the food tastes so nice, I'll just make sure I'm not trying to impress someone in case of the service.

Comments