Sardine Bread Roll

I really want to try this recipe for Fried Sardine Bread (http://www.myrecipe.org/top/detail/174) but I didn't have yeast today. So I remembered Mum having this in her cafe and tried to replicate it. I don't eat fish, but sw.me said its quite nice.


(No photo yet)


Ingredients
1 can of sardines, make sure no bones left
Onion, diced
Lemon Juice, dash of
Salt & White Pepper, to taste
Bread with crusts off, if possible slice the loaf lengthwise instead of the usual across, can be old bread


Directions
Fry the diced onions to soften in a pan. Set aside.
Mash the sardines, make sure you've taken out the bones, and mix in the cooked onions, lemon juice and season to taste.
Take the bread slices and flatten with a rolling pin.
Place the sardine mixture in the bread, and roll. Seal the edges with water or milk.
Heat the pan, and add a tiny amount of olive oil.
Toast the rolls in the hot pan to brown and heat up.

Comments