No Butter

My dear cousin, yjw, introduced me to her friend's blog and I love it already because the very first post sounds so familiar to me:
Being a first time Mum and now working full time, my day is very hectic. I am happy with what I’ve got, a beautiful daughter, a wonderful and supportive husband, incrediblely generous and kind extended family from both sides of us, great friends. But, somehow I feel I’m missing something, there must be a puzzle missing somewhere I need to find to make everything in my life connected. I need to do something FOR ME. Food blogging, foodography, lots of writing, just perfect, just what I need !
This blog will be mostly about Vietnamese food, the food of my root, where I come from. This is also a present for my daughter A., hopefully she will grow up loves cooking and appreaciates good food and treasure every chance she can cook for people she loves, as much as I do.

I think no matter how rewarding it is to be a mother or father, sometimes it is also alienating because you're very scheduled, and your life follows a routine so blogging is a way of saying something to the world without expecting or needing an answer.

And cooking with family or from family recipes is a nice way to do something together that is creative. I can't tell you how much I treasure being taught recipes from friends, siblings, parents and grandparents. The blogger's daughter is so lucky when she grows up she will have all her Mum's recipes (and gorgeous photos) at her fingertips, already collated and categorized! 

I know nothing about Vietnamese food, but I know my brother loves it, so I may practice some out on him.

Comments