Rafael's Baptism

On 31st July 2011, rf.me had his baptism, and it was a lovely ceremony on a wet Winter's day. We had the baptism during our normal 5pm mass at St Mary Star of the Sea, then went back to Mum's for a lovely meal cooked mostly by my.sq. Unfortunately, or fortunately, the food was so wonderful we forgot to take a photo before gobbling it all up. 

She had done: chicken piri piri with and without chili, baked fish, orange pork ribs, tomato rice, salad and mash. And for dessert there was poached pears (which I did but didn't turn out quite right), bachi chocolates, cake from lc and dj and the cake that sw.me and Mum did. It was a wonderful feast!


We got his little suit and shoes from Little Lovebird, she measured him and sewed the outfit so it would fit on top of his winter inner suit.


Sw.me made the cake and Mum covered it in sugar paste.
The top flowers were bought from My Delicious and sw.me made the white roses from sugar paste.




The priest thoughtfully warmed the water before the ceremony which rf.me slept right through!


We wrapped his candle in a ribbon matching his cake ribbon and had a receiving blanket as well.

Comments