Restaurant Review: Bisou Bake Shop

After a pretty disastrous lunch at Kuala Lumpur City Center (better known as KLCC or Petronas Twin Towers) mall's second floor food court where we could get no seats, probably due to the massive influx of AIA staff who must of been there for a conference, our family party split up and I tried to appease gg.me and rf.me with some baked goodies.

You never really know with Western style bakeries in Malaysia. Asian style bakeries are masters of its craft - wonderful soft light sweetbreads. Western style bakeries seem to be a bit hit and miss. 

Fear not, Bisou is a hit! Its chocolate cupcakes and moist and chocolaty and its giant choc chip cookie chewylicious. We should have bought more including the rainbow cake, which had immaculately even layers.



I was served by a very anxious new trainee who's fingers shook as she assembled the box and wide eyed pressed the buttons on the cash register. Her manager apologized for her and even though I thought it was taking quite a while, I certainly didn't want to discourage her and pooh poohed the apologies away. I have come to the conclusion that the general population is quite condescending to waitstaff and store personnel, and this leads to either anxiety or indifference. 

Do try Bisou out, and remember be patient and kind.

Address: Petronas Towers 1 Jalan Ampang, Kuala Lumpur City Centre, 50088 Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Phone:+60 3-2166 5525
Hours: 10:00 am – 10:00 pm
http://www.bisou.com.my/

Comments