Restaurant Review: Giant Bakery Section

By now I'm sure that you've realized I write "Restaurant Review" for every darn generic review whether it be a bakery or a tea house. I just haven't been creative enough to think of proper review titles.

Well this is a mini review based on the potato bread buns purchased from Giant, which is a sort of Coles mixed with KMart kind of shop. Giant seems to usually be the flagship in a tiny mall and then have a few little shops nearby, this mall had lots and lots of colour clothing for a Muslim woman (or any woman that just likes to be a little modest). Anyway, the buns were delicious, and so cheap too. 



I had actually come to buy ingredients to bake a cake with the kids, and thought I would struggle with the language but the store was well laid out with signage, neat as well, and most packaging had English subtitles. It was cheap cheap cheap to get the flour etc etc, but I must say the quality of milk and butter is much lacking compared to Australia. But what do you expect, we have our lovely WA dairy farmers to thank for that (remember buy WA diary always - it hasn't travelled half way across the country).

I managed to collect all my ingredients before FIL made it to the cashier with his water and instant noodles.



Here is the cake gg.me, md.w and rf.me made the next morning. They took great delight in mixing it up (attention span waned from youngest to oldest) and they took great delight in having their cake and eating it too.


Address
No. 16 Jalan PJU 5/1
Kota Damansara, PJU 5
47810
Petaling Jaya
Selangor
MALAYSIA
Tel: 03-6142 2700
Fax: 03-6142 2500
Number of Parking Bays: 710
http://www.giantmalls.com.my/complex-details.php?task=viewComp&compID=31

Comments