Restaurant Review: Cafe 58

After not being able to get tea in Harvey, we decided to have an early dinner at a nearby restaurant. Our relatives wanted some vegetarian options after having eaten so much meat over Easter and we remembered that Cafe 58 had some options.

The waitstaff are efficient and obliging, but they did want to stick up in the corner where it was quite cramped and looked a bit frazzled when we explained the kids would probably kick the other patrons when they were that close. I did mention kids when I booked.

We arrived at 6.30pm which is before the dinner rush at 7pm. We tried the:
  • dinner specials where you get an entree chicken salad and main of grilled baramundii for $39 - good price but apparently the fish was fishy?
  • vegetarian asparagus strudel - strangely there was no comment on this so I am assuming it was fine.
  • a lamb shank - I thought it was good but apparently it was too lamby?
  • a crab pasta - it was really bland, and kind of watery.
  • child's fish and chips - the chips were great! the best they can be without it being handmade, and best of all it came out quick! I like that they offered veggies on the plate, I mean we all know kids won't eat it but its good to always try.
  • two kid's milkshakes - very nice.

I thought on the whole it was ok-ish, nice and small with cute retro comic decor, but the others seemed less happy so we left without dessert which looked amazing in the display unit and on the bench. The restaurant was full by the time we left so its clearly popular.The boys get a kick with the outdoor toilet, well it's outdoor to them, it's really on the porch.

This is the first time I've come for dinner and it was so so, I have come for lunch before and it was very good. I might give it one more go in future before I make up my mind.


Nice juice - mentioned Borneo! What's the connection?


Yummy kids fish and chips

Watery crab pasta


Address: 58 Carrington St, Palmyra WA 6157
Phone: (08) 9339 7155
Open: 7:30 am - 9:00 pm

Comments